17 May 5 THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN ASSAULTED
If you are the victim of any type of assault (sexual or otherwise), here are the first 5 things you should do:
1. Contact the police to initiate an investigation and ensure the incident is properly documented in a timely manner.
2. Get medical care for your physical and mental injuries.
3. Meet with an attorney. An experienced injury attorney can help you keep the right documentation and aid in the investigation as well as initiate any type of recovery.
4. Get a restraining order. If the assailant was someone you know, let your attorney help you secure a restraining order to make sure you are protected from future injuries.
5. Build a recovery team. It takes time to recover and having advocates, therapists and other support professionals in your corner is a vital part of recovery.
Please contact AJ Law Practice if you or someone you know in the Alpharetta area has suffered an injury.